Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wonderful Word of God... yea it's Wednesday



Today is Wednesday. Yea!!! We have prayer meeting tonight and I am so happy to again be able to get together with other Christians and have that sweet fellowship. We have had a very busy week. Every evening I go home and put up more veggies and get dinner and then go to bed and repeat it all the next day. Tonight will be a needed break from the routine.

I was thinking of the devotional I read this morning in “Days of Praise” about the hard heart and how important fellowship is to avoiding hardness of heart.

It is much harder for a Christian to stray away through sin when they have other Christians checking in occasionally to make sure each other stays on the right path. It is easy in some churches to get “lost in the crowd” and become less and less accountable for actions. I think indeed that God gave us the body to make each member accountable and it is so important for us to be involved in each other’s lives. It’s hard for one part of our body to hurt or do it’s own thing without every part knowing what’s going on.

The other day I did something to my shoulder and it ached so. It made all of me feel “yukky”. I only wanted to make the ouch better, so I sheltered it and helped it along and the next day it really did feel better.

This particular devotional was based on Mark 16:14 where Jesus is admonishing the disciples. This Hebrews 3:12,13 passage was also mentioned:
Take heed, brethern, lest there be in any of you an
evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one
another daily, while it is called today; lest any of you be hardened through the
deceitfulness of sin.

Notes from the Defender Study Bible:
3:13 one another. There are many “one another” passages in Scripture, and it is
important to practice them daily. Not only should we “exhort one another daily,”
but also “edify one another” (I Thessalonians 5:11), “pray one for another”
(James 5:16), “comfort one another” (I Thessalonians 4:18), “be kind one to
another” (Ephesians 4:32), and especially “love one another” (John 13:34). There
are many other such admonitions in Scripture.

I might think that I would never have a hard heart, but then I remember Peter, how he also said he would never deny the Lord, but then when a tough time came he did. Though later he repented and lived an amazing life for the Lord, his heart must have hurt so during that time. How easy it is to let my heart become hard through sin. I need my brothers and sisters in the Lord for encouragement and admonishment. I am prone to wander.
How we need one another!
I hope you are getting together for fellowship with other Christians tonight. And while you’re there pray for our country as well.
Love ya all,
Mrs. D

1 comment:

Conny said...

I enjoyed church tonight too!! And we have our country and its leaders on our prayer list every Wednesday ... but thanks for the reminder to pray EVERY DAY!!! especially in these troubled times. May God bless the rest of your week.