Friday, July 17, 2009

Many Things to Praise the Lord For!


Exodus 17:14:
And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua...

I need to always remember the goodnesses of the Lord. It is so important that I not forget how great God is. I can see that in my life when things get busy I forget those things that are so important, talking to the Lord, talking with my kids, giving Mr. Doug a squeeze, time to play with the dog and cuddle the cat, admiring the beauty God has surrounded me with... I get tunnel vision and have to stop and think... "wait a minute, what's more important to me?"

I thank the Lord He has given me the most wonderful man in the world as a husband (and I am prejudice). I thank the Lord for my lovely daughters and how the Lord kept us all those years when I was a single mom going to school full time and working full time. They are beautiful, precious girls who have somehow managed to learn important life lessons, with or without me. God has kept them safe. I have a wonderful grandson, who is smart (called me this week to tell me he had memorized his multiplication tables), and a son-in-law who loves and cares for his wife and his son. I live in the most beautiful place on earth and am surrounded everyday with beauty. The Lord is causing the garden to thrive, even if we have had 40 days of rain... (at least it seemed to be 40 - days and nights). All around us people are saying their gardens are suffering and ours is thriving... thank you Lord!!! I have a great job with lots of potential for being a witness. The bills are being paid now and the dry financial season seems to have come to an end for us. It is a good thing to be able to get the bills paid on time and get caught up.

I know that at any time God might take these things away, but He is always good and gives us what we need. My life has not been free of trials, but God has taken me through each and every one. We have had lean times since our move, but God has always supplied our needs. God has given us good friends and family who are there too like Aaron and Hur where there for Moses...


Exodus 17:11,12
And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.
But Moses hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

I want to remember always to record the blessings of God in good times and bad so that I will never forget.

God bless your day and my you also be remembering His goodness.




1 comment:

Mrs.T said...

What an encouraging post! Thanks for sharing!!