Monday, November 16, 2009

TWO ROADS DIVERGE..







I have thought some about the choices we make in life and where they lead us. I remember being asked about this when my girls were younger. The future lies ahead and I know from my own experience that it is scary to face the future. It is hard to know what God want us to do. I remember my own father saying (and he probably got it from somewhere else), “It’s hard to steer a car that isn’t moving.” I guess the idea there is to be doing something and asking God to guide. We will make mistakes along the way, but God is able to close and open doors as we trust in Him.

The devotional the other day was about the path the shines more and more…
"But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day." Proverbs 4:18

In contrast the path of the wicked is darkness…
“The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.” (Proverbs 4:19)

How is it that we can pick the right way to go?
“I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.” (Proverbs 4:11)

Who is the teacher?
Well, this Proverb (Proverb 4), was David’s instruction to Solomon, but it is the same with us and our Heavenly Father. When we spend time in the Word and take heed to what is written there… not only hearing, but applying what we hear and read, then God will be able to guide us in life.

We can get the “ball rolling”, but we must never get so stubborn that we must keep going the wrong way… we need to allow God to push the ball in directions He wants us to go. Yup… it hurts to not get our own way, but we have got to know His way is best. It’s the SHINY WAY ;)

Hope you are all well and are walking with the Lord today.


I want to work in this office!!!!!!!
Mrs. D

No comments: