Friday, July 24, 2009

Wonderful Word of God





How great it is that we have this book the Bible to guide us in our lives. It is living and powerful. It has refreshed my soul so many times I cannot count. I know that when I go there it will have the answer for my question and if I search the Holy Spirit will guide me.

I am reading about Job in my Bible reading and we have done some study of Job's friends in church recently. The thing that struck me was what a faithful father Job was. He made sacrifices for his children - no small feat and very costly for the animals that were sacrificed - "continually" just in case they may have cursed God in their heart.

Job 1:5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

He loved his children, but most of all He loved his God and was concerned that his children be right with God. I pray for my children. I am not sure I have made the sacrifices necessary for them to be right with God. Is there any turning back? Nothing would make me more glad of heart than to see my children honor God with their lives. I will always pray for them to this end.

I praise God that He shows me His heart in His Word and I learn more about Him there.
How has God's Word affected your life?

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.


I must tell you what happened to me this week. I was going to a friends house to work out some crafts that we will be doing with the children at our town's Market Day. This will be an outreach for our church with puppets and singing and crafts on the hour. Mr. Doug had used the car that day to do his errands and because he was busy forgot to gas up the car. I decided to just go on over to town where the gas was cheaper and it was near my friends house. I was running on fumes when I drove into the gas station and my friends husband was right in front of me getting gas. I thought what a coincidence since I will be heading there anyway. I went to get my gas card out of my wallet and was shocked to see that my wallet wasn't in my backpack (later I found that I had actually left it at work when I was trying to pack my bag to go to the bus stop). Well this kind friend loaned me some money for gas. Now THAT was a wonderful blessing from God. If he had not been there at that particular moment (how long does it take to pump a tank of gas), I would have had to call Mr. Doug to come down with the truck... which has not been running well, and that would have taken up all the time I had to work with my friend on these crafts. God is so good. He cares about even the smallest details of our lives.

What blessings have you received from God?

Please share with me what God has been doing in your life too.

God Bless, have a wonderful week-end.

4 comments:

Conny said...

My pastor did a wonderful study on Job ... what an inspiration to keep on trusting God when you can't understand!! AND I must say I love Psalm 139 that you have posted on the side of your blog - that's definitely one of my favorites too.
Thank you for stopping by my blog - I've enjoyed visiting yours!

Mrs.T said...

I know just what you mean about not being sure you have made the sacrifices for your children to be right with God. I have felt the same way (though at the time I felt I was doing the right things). One thing that helps me is to realize we can't look back at our "failures" (whether real or perceived) and say "if only..." because that is not how God allowed it to be. We can only look forward and press toward the mark from here on out.

Mrs. Doug said...

Thanks ya'll. What an inspiration you are to me. Isn't it wonderful to have fellow believers you can share your heart with?

Love ya...

Have a wonderful day in the Lord!

Mrs. D

Lori said...

I marvel everytime I read the book of Job. All that he went through, and yet God's Word says, "Thus did Job continually." Amazing. And convicting.