Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wonderful Tuesday....

I can't remember all the names you guys give to the various days of the week... I think all the days are great. If the Lord allows me this day to live for Him... I'll do it with a smile.

It has been soooo busy at work... I guess that means job security? I am happy for the busy days because the time goes by so quickly.

Last night after work I harvested broccoli, cucumbers and I really need to get down and finish up the peas. I didn't get them put into the freezer yet, but will tonight. I just didn't have freezer bags. We did do some cherries Sunday afternoon. We took some out last night to see if they froze well. They were perfect! We had cherry pie last night. The only trouble was that we had double-bagged them in some cheaper bags and the inner bag broke open. In the future we'll be using freezer bags only. Wouldn't want fruits and vegetables breaking open in the freezer.

this picture was taken a week ago... looks good enough to eat, huh?

Well, other good news. I finished the garden cart last night too. I worked on it all day Saturday. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining bright. I got a sunburn on my shoulders being out there because I wasn't paying attention to the sun. I just wanted to get that project done. Then I ran out of nuts. They are a special kind of nut that digs right into the wood when you screw them down. I thought I'd be able to save more of the old ones, but they were too rusted.

During lunch yesterday I ran over to the hardware and picked up some more and now the project is done.



So here's the finished product!

Mr. Doug helped me get it off the sawhorses and here she stands in all her glory. It was very exciting.

We already used it to haul a tank of O2 to the car for refill. It works great even with that heavy load. It's so exciting! I haven't moved all the rocks off the hill as planned this spring, but now I have the cart to haul them away.

I hope you have a wonderful day...










No comments: