Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Times, They Are A-Changin'

I snapped this from the car window on my way to work just to prove that fall is coming. As I drive to work everyday I see a new colorful tree. I love fall color, but.... that means snow is coming and oh how I wish it would just stay away a little longer.


We really have had good weather the last couple of weeks. Lots of sunshine, very little rain and mild temperatures with cool nights... great for sleeping (wish I had more time for that :).


The meat birds are getting much bigger. they stand to my knee now and look like they are packing on the weight. We have set up a place to do the butchering. It is a big job and usually takes several days to complete. With Mr. Doug and I working side-by-side it will take at least 2 solid days (daylight hours). I plan to take one day off work to complete this task.


I have thought much about the situation we are in with having to once again spend winter in the camper. It is not easy, but not impossible and I know that God has a plan for me and I would be unhappy to be out of His plan. There are things in life that we will never understand until we see God face to face. If I can be faithful through the rough times in life, then He has promised to make me into a complete person.


James 1:2-5
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


I Peter 1:7
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:


It may seem a small thing to some to get stressed about living in a camper. After all, some do this for recreation. I think the trial comes with not being able to accomplish the things I want to do. It is a constant battle to keep the place clean because there is nowhere to put anything. I would like to do crafts, canning, home decorating, and then also entertaining, having family come visit etc., but there just is no space for that. I know that in time we will have the space we need and I just need to be patient. I know that Mr. Doug would like to do a lot more, but is not able because of his disability and that frustrates him too. We are both on a journey to strengthen our faith. God is teaching us to trust Him.

My heart's desire is to be found faithful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a peek at the roosters who will soon fill our freezer. They look small here, but they measure in height about 18" from the ground to their wide backs and in width about 12". They are quite active and remain healthy even though they did grow very quickly. I can't say I'll miss their crowing in the morning. They are all roosters after all and they start in about 4:30 am with their expressions of "manliness".


Hope you are all enjoying the remnants of summer.



1 comment:

Mrs.T said...

Mrs. D,

So nice to see you back and posting again. I am still praying that you will be able to get out of the camper, but know that God is in control and will do what's best. You have a wonderful perspective on it. (Remember too you are welcome to come and can in my kitchen!)

I agree about fall... I love fall, it's my very favorite season, but it seems to be coming too quickly and I am not looking forward to winter!

God bless,
Mrs.T