Monday, October 26, 2009

Maybe a little break is a good idea

All my friends are on vacation or taking bloggy breaks, and we have been incredibly busy too. I'll be back soon. I have been taking pictures to share.

Got all the squash put up... 44 quarts, now we're working on the beets. I did one batch of 5 quarts yesterday. Sunday however is not a great day to do this. I hope to finish these up this week before daylight savings change. After that it is dark when I leave work and all I want to do is eat and fall into bed. We usually get up a little earlier, but the darkness does stuff to my head.

Only 2 more months and the days start getting longer :)

See you here soon with an update and pics.

Mrs. D

2 comments:

Kerri Cuev said...

Hi Mrs. D!
I am getting away from Rhode Island Reds as much as I can so I don't have any RIR roosters. My main roo is a barred rock. I do have one 4 month old barred rock roo left! Let me know if your interested.
I like your blog!
Kerri
www.ckfarmnh.com

Mrs.T said...

Hi there Mrs. D!

Hope the beet-processing is coming along for you! Beets make such a mess. I like them raw, shredded, in salads, and I also have a recipe for cooking shredded beets in a skillet which is very tasty. But it seems that anything one does with beets, raw or cooked, makes a mess. Good for you, though...

Will be looking forward to the pictures you'll post in time!

God bless,
Mrs.T