Friday, October 30, 2009

Our Hope


I have been thinking most recently of the fact that our salvation in Christ is a sure promise, our Hope. Some use the word "hope" as a wish, or a dream for the future. My daughter has been recently witnessing to a friend who is in the process of turning to Islam. I researched a little into the Muslim religion curious to know about their hope of eternal life. I was amazed at how many rules there were. I am not sure about most Muslims, but I really doubt they are able to keep all those laws. The Bible tells us if we offend in one area we have broken the whole law.

There is no hope of reconciling except through the precious blood of Christ.


If it were not for Christ's sacrifice, I would have no hope of eternal life.
I Peter 1:18-21
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with
corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by
tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb
without blemish and without spot:
Who verily was foreordained before
the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for
you,
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead,
and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

I also noted that in Islam, if you sacrifice your life for the faith (basically suicide) then you have assurance of eternal life. No wonder so many Muslims volunteer for suicide missions! Women and men are seeking that assurance that they will have eternal life.


What does eternal life mean to a Muslim? That I am not clear about yet, but I believe it may have to do with some sort of pleasure. In my eternal home I will worship my Redeemer for ever. There will be no tears or fear of suffering. My precious Lord Jesus has gone to Heaven to prepare this place for me and for all those who put their trust in Him.
John 14:2-3:
In my Father's house are many mansions:
if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for
you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and
receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
What a precious promise from our Lord.


It is not only Muslims that put their trust in their own works. There are many other world religions that do the same. I am so glad that I don't have to depend on being good to get me into my eternal home for I know I would never make it. I have already offended in many point of the law in my lifetime and suppose that in the future I certainly will again. God is merciful to me a sinner in that while I was yet in sin, Christ died for me. He gave me eternal life. It took the sacrifice of the only sinless one to pay the penalty for my sin. Hallelujah, What a Savior.


I love this passage in the book of Hebrews:


Hebrews 10:4-13:
4 For it is not possible that the
blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he
cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a
body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou
hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book
it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice
and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither
hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I
come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the
second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through
the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every
priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices,
which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after
he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of
God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his
footstool.


In the Old Testament times priests had to make atonement through the sacrifice of an animal that was brought to the temple. This covered sin, but did not take sin away. Christ's sacrifice once and for all took away sin. Christ did this willingly for us. No one forced Him to make this sacrifice. After His death He came to life again. In this we have evidence of our resurrection to new life in Him.


I am so happy today in Christ. Thank you Lord for your sacrifice for my sin.


If you have not trusted Him, please do so today!

Some interesting links:
notice that this author remains anonymous because of the threat of danger
this person has written several books, which I have not read yet, but am interested in reading and have ordered.



Love Ya,

Mrs. D

2 comments:

Conny said...

I am so thankful I trusted Jesus as my Savior as an 8 year old ... I never was confronted with any other way of "salvation". I do pray for those who are - my own father says he is 50% Buddhist - he says not to worry about him because it is NOT a religion, it is a life-style. However, I know it will NOT get him to heaven :(

Cindy said...

Wonderful post! Great blog!
cindy